Saturday, June 30, 2012

Surgery went well, I was supposed to be there to register at 11.  They got me in immediately, prepped me & was in the O.R. within 1/2 hour of my arrival.  They did a light sedation, I don't remember a thing but I woke up really fast & wasn't all fuzzy.  That is definitely the way to go if possible.  I didn't get the nerve block that my husband got for his surgery so, by the time I was getting dressed & ready to go I could already feel an ache in my foot.  We stopped on the way home for the pain meds, they have been a blessing.  I'm trying to stay on top of the pain, as I am definitely NOT a fan.  I have a hot pink cast, they split it up the front for the swelling, and a GORGEOUS black boot.  I have a partial weight bearing restriction which is great b/c being able to put some weight on it helps get around a bit better.  Elevation is my friend right now, so it hasn't been too bad pain as long as I'm not up for more than 10 minutes.

The Dr. said he reconstructed the posterior tibial tendon, excised the accessory navicular bone, shaved down the actual navicular, and then re-attached the tendon w/ anchors.

1 comment:

  1. How do you feel now, over 2 yrs later? I literally had the same procedure YESTERDAY! So I'm curious what your ultimate result is? Hope you're pain free, able to resume all prior activities now.

    ReplyDelete